Mesa County Valley School District 51 PARENT/STUDENT PORTAL USE
AGREEMENT - ParentVUE Portal is a means for a parent/guardian of a Mesa County Valley School District 51 to access education records of their student through a secured Internet site. All parents/guardians and students who wish to use the ParentVue/StudentVUE Portal must comply with the terms and conditions in this Agreement.
ParentVue/StudentVUE is for informational purposes only. You must obtain official records through the school office.
A. Rights and Responsibilities - Access to the Parent/Student Portal is a free service offered to all current parents/guardians of Mesa County Valley School District 51. Access to student information through the Parent/Student Portal is a privilege, not a right. Once a student withdraws or graduates, access to that student's education records will be inactivated. Parents/guardians must practice proper and ethical use of the ParentVue/StudentVUE Portal and all other Internet sites and databases relating to Mesa County Valley School District 51. The parent/guardian will need a properly configured computer with Internet service to use the ParentVue/StudentVUE Portal. The ParentVue/StudentVUE Portal is designed to be user friendly. However, the District cannot promise optimal access for all users and, due to limited resources, cannot offer personal troubleshooting service if there are difficulties connecting to or using the ParentVue/StudentVUE Portal.
B. Responsibility for Information Accuracy - Information accuracy is the joint responsibility between schools and parents/guardians. The District will make every attempt to ensure information is accurate and complete. Questions about attendance may be addressed to the school office, and questions about grades should be addressed to the student's teacher.
C. Use of ParentVue/StudentVUE - Parents/guardians/students are required to adhere to the following guidelines:
D. Limitation of School District Liability - Mesa County Valley School District 51will use reasonable measures to protect student information from unauthorized viewing. The District is not responsible for financial obligations arising through unauthorized use of ParentVUE/StudentVUE, the District's computer system, or the Internet. The District will not be responsible for actions taken by the parent/guardian that compromises their student's information. The District reserves the right to limit or terminate the ParentVUE/StudentVUE Portal for viewing student information without notice. All parents/guardians who use the ParentVUE/StudentVUE Portal to access their student's education records consent to electronic monitoring and understand that this is a private network used as an educational tool by District 51 employees. ParentVUE/StudentVUE Portal account activity is electronically recorded.
- Parents/guardians/students must act in a responsible, ethical, and legal manner.
- Parents/guardians/students must not attempt to harm or destroy the data or networks of the school or District.
- Parents/guardians/students must not attempt to access information or any account assigned to another user.
- Parents/guardians/students must not use this Internet site for any illegal activity, including violation of federal and state data privacy laws.
- Parents/guardians/students who identify a security problem within the Portal should notify their school immediately, without demonstrating the problem to anyone else.
- Parents/guardians/students must not share their password with anyone.
- Parents/guardians/students must not set their computer to automatically login to the Parent/Student Portal site.
- Parents/guardians identified as a security risk will be denied access to the site.